Do you tell stories?
The juicy kind that place you as the heroine who triumphs over hard times and gets what she wants?
Or stories laced with despair and victimhood with oodles of blame on other people?
Here’s the deal.
You get to choose.
And you can choose any story—including any ending—you want.
The more you tell your stories…the more true they become.
Here are some examples:
- After my divorce, I told the story, “I’m unlovable.”
I changed it to “I’m a great person.”
- After I lost my house, I told the story, “I’m a failure.”
I changed it to “I wonder if I could ever live in that house again” (I do).
- After I declared bankruptcy, I told the story, “I’m terrible with money.” I changed it “I know what I’m doing.”
Here are the stories I’m working on now:
- I winter in a warm climate.
- I fit into my skinny jeans.
- I work 30 hours/week or less.
Oooo….I can’t wait for those happy endings to come true!
What stories are you willing to change?
P.S. Ready to join a tribe of amazing women taking bold steps (even small baby steps)? Join my free Facebook group for daily conversation, ongoing support, weekly challenges, and free training!